Home Equity: Amanda's Story
Four years ago, Amanda and her husband Shawn bought their dream home. It was the perfect size, on a cul-de-sac with a large yard perfect for their family plus a spacious deck for outdoor entertaining—one of their favorite pastimes. Although the previous homeowners had kept it in mint condition, the home wasn’t as updated as they wanted.
After building up some equity, Amanda and Shawn decided it was time to give the home they love a refresh. Using CommunityAmerica's Hybrid Home Equity (a.k.a. a home equity line of credit), they invested back into their house using the value that already existed. Amanda and Shawn used the money to:
- Update the entire kitchen including new appliances, quartz countertops, and subway tile backsplash
- Refresh the stair carpet with a beautiful pattern
- Install new light fixtures throughout the home
- Tile the mudroom, bathroom and fireplace
- Install wood floors across the entire first floor
- Paint most of the interior
- Update window shades
- Make repairs to the deck for long-term enjoyment
“We were shocked at how much we were able to do with the funds, and now the value of our home is higher! We are really happy with the investment and plan to do more in the future. Landscaping, finishing the basement, and updating the bathrooms and scraping the ceilings are on the list for phase 2. Thanks to CommunityAmerica, we have both the perfect location and updated space we dreamed of!” - Amanda
The proof is in the pictures, so here are just a few snapshots of their beautiful renovation!