Exciting Updates for Your CommunityAmerica Debit and Credit Cards
Hold onto your sleigh bells. The holiday shopping season has arrived — and so have new upgrades to your CommunityAmerica credit and debit cards. Prepare yourself for additions that will make this the smoothest and most convenient gift giving season yet!
We’d like to introduce you to an app that will change the way you use your CommunityAmerica cards, CardValet. Your card belongs to you, so you should be the one to set the rules, right? Right! Control exactly when and where your cards are used. See all the ways you can monitor and control the use of your CommunityAmerica debit and credit cards:
- Real time alerts. You can elect to receive notifications when transactions occur. Know right away if someone else is trying to buy $47 worth of clown makeup with your card.
- Turn payments on or off. This time when you misplace your card, you don’t have to have to suffer a mild panic attack. Simply use your CardValet app to turn your card off until that sucker shows up again. In the event something more sinister happens, like a theft, you have the ability to protect your money immediately with the tap of your finger. Another option is to leave your card “off” and only turn it “on” when (and where!) you want to use it.
- Set boundaries. Using your phone’s GPS as a marker of your location, you can set geographic boundaries. Rest assured if you’re in Kansas City, your card wouldn’t be out having a good time without you in St. Louis.
- Set spending limits. Curb spending by setting a purchase amount limit. Or perhaps incorporate it in your parenting tactics. Not that any of us have kids that might spend more than they were allotted, but let’s say, hypothetically, you did. Before handing your card over to Taylor to buy some shoes, pop a $55 limit into CardValet. If Taylor tries to spend more than $55, the transaction will be denied. We’d call that a major parenting win.
Samsung and Apple Pay®
Bring your digital wallet shopping this year to make secure payments. While Apple Pay has been part of CommunityAmerica for two years, Samsung Pay is now keeping it company. This new addition works on a wide variety of Samsung and Android phones and is accepted worldwide. Check out the additional benefits:
- No pesky physical wallet or card to keep track of. You just need your phone — and we’re pretty confident you have it next to you right now.
- Extra layers of security to reduce the possibility of fraud.
- Ability to enable on your smartwatch.
Your Game Plan
While your shopping game may be strong, take it to the next level. Here’s your to do list:
- Download CardValet, set up your CommunityAmerica cards, and begin to customize.
- Download Apple Pay or Samsung Pay and make sure your CommunityAmerica cards are in the top position.
Maybe it’s the eggnog talking, but these new updates have us more excited for the holiday season than usual. Cheers, may you find the best deals and, most of all, happiest of holidays!
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.