Why Do You Need a Financial Advisor?
1. You’ve made a good start, but you need a financial plan.Thanks to high-speed internet and hand-held devices, education and technology are available at your fingertips to help you get started. And if you have, you may have already started to dive into these three key areas:
- Building an emergency reserve
- Paying down debt
- Working towards having a plan and saving for retirement
Having a financial advisor who knows you well is an essential step in creating a laser-focused financial plan based on you/your family’s unique needs. Putting together a plan like this takes time and commitment from both you and your financial advisor. A solid relationship with your advisor allows you to have a partner to help you through the process.
2. You need confidence in your financial decisions.One of the myths we see often is the belief that you can leave your finances on “autopilot.” The question is, will you really be able to stick to a financial plan you can trust if volatility in the market hits? And can you be confident the portfolio you own serves your specific needs?
In turbulent times, having an experienced financial advisor can be helpful in navigating the uncertainty. After all, money can be very emotional. During volatile times, you might find it beneficial to have an objective, non-emotional financial advisor that has your best interests in mind.
3. You’re entering a new life stage, which includes new challenges.Every stage of life brings new joys and challenges, and at the same time, the need to evaluate whether you need to pivot your financial priorities. Some critical life stages and important financial decisions could include:
- Buying your first house
- Having a baby
- Planning for college
- Saving for retirement
How financial advisors can help you on your financial journey.
If you would like to chat more about how to build your financial plan to help you make progress towards your goals, let's connect. You can find out more here.